Freightliner 108SD Plus
The 108SD Plus builds on the foundation of a trusted and reliable productivity machine. With an all-new interior that’s designed for comfort, a powertrain that’s built for the job site and groundbreaking safety systems, the 108SD Plus is ready to take on any challenge.
The 108SD Plus is a platform for customization, with the QuickFitTM Electrical System that’s designed for more efficient upfit and simplified programming for any application. It’s everything you need to get work done – and more.
Built For Long Workdays
With new interior features that make work more comfortable and powertrain options that drive productivity across a range of applications, the 108SD Plus is ready to take on any job.
New Features Make Hard Work Easier
The 108SD Plus was designed with drivers and operators in mind. It features a redesigned interior with a range of new comfort features that help them stay focused on the job at hand, including:
- Three all-new trim levels that provide optimal driver comfort and the best fit for the job.
- Newly-designed ergonomic seats featuring precision adjustability and exceptional comfort.
- New standard cab insulation package for a quieter work environment.
- Increased storage to keep drivers organized and focused.
- A redesigned, modern dash with an easy-to-read driver command center.
- A standard tilt and telescoping steering wheel with multi-function controls for easier operation.
- A fully customizable, LED-backlit switch layout to ease truck operation and help keep operators focused.
- Easy-to-reach electric window and door locks.
Designed To Do It All
With powertrain options that provide a range of horsepower and torque ratings, the 108SD Plus is designed to stand up to the most demanding jobs. It offers:
- A GVWR of up to 69,000 pounds.
- A standard Detroit® DD8™ engine for improved uptime.
- Front-engine, rear-engine and transmission power take-off options that provide consistent power output in a variety of applications.
Built For Safety. Built For Work.
A low step-in height and wide door openings make working in the 108SD Plus easy. Programmable safety interlocks help prevent injuries and equipment damage. And the Bendix Intellipark Electronic Parking Brake System helps prevent rollaways, making jobs even safer. Plus, the Detroit Assurance® with ABA 5 Suite of Safety Systems is available with both Detroit and Cummins engines. It all adds up to maximum safety on the job.
Detroit Assurance Active Brake Assist 5 helps mitigate potential collisions with traveling and stationary vehicles as well as moving pedestrians by automatically engaging warnings, and partial or full braking.
Between job sites, Detroit Assurance Adaptive Cruise Control is designed to adjust a truck’s cruising speed to maintain a safe following distance from other vehicles.
Stay focused on the way to the job site. Detroit Assurance Lane Departure Warning keeps an eye on the road and alerts the operator if their truck veers into another lane without signaling.
Detroit Assurance Side Guard Assist alerts the driver about objects and pedestrians in the truck’s passenger-side blind spot.
Smarter Tools To Keep Trucks Working
With exceptional durability, plus smart fault event insights and service management tools delivered via Detroit Connect®, the 108SD Plus is designed to keep you working and earning strong.
Detroit Connect Virtual Technician® remote diagnostics service takes the guesswork out of diagnostics and helps fleet managers address fault events quickly.
The Detroit Connect® Portal provides a clear view of fault trends across your fleet, so you can identify maintenance issues before they become critical.
The Detroit Connect Portal also gives fleet managers peace of mind by enabling them to view critical safety events in their trucks that have Detroit Assurance and take action to increase the safety of trucks on the road.
With nearly 500 dealers across North America and a 24-hour assistance hotline, Freightliner is always there to keep your fleet running smoothly.
A Platform For Maximum Productivity
The 108SD Plus is engineered to keep upfit simple. With a clear back of cab and frame rails that can be pre-punched at the factory, it’s a versatile platform for customization. And with a range of powerful configuration tools, like the QuickFit Electrical System and Daimler CHEC Tool™, the 108SD Plus makes upfit faster and more efficient than ever.
QuickFit features a new multiplexed architecture that makes it easier to integrate your trucks with the equipment you need to get the job done.
QuickFit offers easy access to connection points, more power sources and plenty of customizable parameters to make upfits flexible and reliable.
The Daimler CHEC Tool provides an easy-to-use interface to view and modify electrical configurations as well as change parameters in minutes.
Relocated electrical components provide even better isolation from harsh conditions and road debris that can cause downtime.
Superior Parts And Engineering
The 108SD Plus is a versatile and durable force of productivity. Its steel-reinforced, lightweight aluminum cab is precision welded and Henrob rivetted for maximum durability and is e-coated for excellent corrosion resistance. Standard TufWrap™ chassis wiring harnesses add protection for increased durability. All Plus series technical details can be found in the Technical Resource Guide (TRG). For access to the TRG, log on to DTNAConnect.com.
DTNA Parts™ are essential for optimal performance in your M2 106 Plus. With Excelerator, ordering the ones you need is easier than ever.
With close to 300 Elite Support Dealerships and nearly 500 dealer service locations across North America, it's easy to keep your M2 106 Plus running strong.
Get on-demand support for your M2 106 Plus. Connect with real people at (1-800-FTL-HELP) for technical support, roadside assistance, dealer referral and more.
Freightliner offers North America's most extensive dealership network, with nearly 500 locations and highly trained experts who know your M2 106 Plus.
The 108SD Plus provides plenty of options for use in a wide range of applications. Available in truck and tractor configurations, the 108SD Plus offers your choice of a day cab, extended cab or crew cab.
Freightliner 108SD PLUS: Specifications
The Freightliner Trucks 108SD Plus combines powerful, fuel-efficient engines, multiple power take-off (PTO) options, a chassis engineered for ease of upfit, and a weight-optimized design.
- 220-380 HP
- 69,000 lbs.*
- 520 to 1250 lb-ft
- 108" BBC
- 134" BBC
- 156" BBC
Flat Leaf Spring
- Eaton Fuller® 9 speed
- Eaton Fuller® 10 speed
- Eaton Fuller® 11 speed
- Allison 2000 series
- Allison 3000 series
- 108" BBC steel-reinforced aluminum day cab
- Set-back front axle position at 43"
- Cummins L9 260 HP, 720 lb-ft torque
- Allison 3000 Series transmission
- Front axle rated at 12,000 lbs
- Rear axle rated at 21,000 lbs
- 50-degree wheel cut
- 60-gallon cylindrical fuel tank
- Strong, durable cab and hood
- Radiator mounted molded-in color front grille with signature styling
- Front grille, headlight bezels, engine air intake grille, bumper and primary mirrors trimmed in black
- Halogen composite headlights
- Air rear cab mounts
- 63" x 14" rear tinted window
- 2,500 square inch windshield
- Bright-accented front grille with chromed grille surround, headlight bezels and engine air intake grille
- Engine air intake pre-cleaner
- Integral front frame extensions in 6" and 24" lengths
- Large selection of wheelbases with frames and frame reinforcements to meet severe duty needs
- REPTO, FEPTO and transmission power take-offs
- Two or three batteries mounted under cab to optimize back-of-cab packaging
- Range of cylindrical and rectangular aluminum fuel tanks
- Steer axles rated up to 23,000 lbs
- AWD front drive axles rated up to 20,000 lbs
- Single drive rear axles rated up to 38,000 lbs
- Tandem drive rear axles rated up to 46,000 lbs
- Pusher and tag axles rated from 8,000 to 22,000 lbs available
- A wide range of Eaton and Allison® transmissions
- Freightliner AirLiner® and TufTrac® rear suspensions
- Hendrickson® walking beam and air ride rear suspensions
- Multiple options and locations for RAM mounts and prewire power, ground, and RP1226 connectors for seamless integration of cameras, telematics, and other electronics
- New Standard LED step light on all doors to improve safety of ingress/egress
- New HVAC vents provides improve airflow and driver comfort
- Chalmers single rear suspensions
- Choice of interior packages to meet your application needs - Rugged (standard), Elite, and Professional.
- Customizable dash that supports additional storage, smart switches, and mounting of third party devices such as a backup camera monitor.
- Cummins ISB engine with up to 325 HP, 750 lb-ft torque*
- Cummins ISL engine with up to 380 HP, 1250 lb-ft torque*
- Frame-mounted front tow eyes
- Dual steering and controls
- Stand-up, right hand drive configuration available
- *Higher engine ratings available for fire/emergency applications
- Detroit Connect Virtual Technician® remote engine diagnostics
- QuickFit, an advanced multiplexed electrical system for simpler TEM interface, programming and access to power.
- QuickFit offers electronic control units to be stored in cab or under hood on the fire wall ease of access and protected from the elements.
- QuickFit connectors are IP67 rated or higher.
- CHEC Tool provides an intuitive interface to program switch and body functionality, safety interlocks, and more
- Detroit Assurance with ABA 5.0 offers Active Brake Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, Tailgate Warning, Side Guard Assist, Optional Lane Departure Warning, Intelligent High-Beam, Automatic rain/light sensor.
- Bendix IntelliPark
- Bendix Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- New Multi-Function Steering Wheel w/ controls for cruise, stereo, phone, etc.
- New Instrument Cluster w/ Driver Command Center displays operating information, important vehicle functions, alerts, settings, and more
- New and improved cab insulation provides improved noise reduction for a quieter and more comfortable cab
- New ergonomic seats designed for optimal driver comfort with more adjustability and reclineability
- Three new trim levels: Professional (standard), Elite, and Rugged
- All new interiors, Dash, Doors, Overhead Console, Headliner and Backwall
- New and more durable Thermoplastic Plyolefins TPO materials for improved fit & finish, driver comfort and quieter cab
- LED cab lighting for increased visibility and longevity
- New rotary headlight switch with available auto headlights and auto high beam function
- Standard electric windows, door locks located on the door.
Freightliner 108SD Plus: Media Content
Looking for more information? Check out videos and images of the Freightliner 108SD.