Freightliner 114SD NATURAL GAS
The Freightliner 114SD is available with the cleanest engine technology in the market today: NATURAL GAS.
Optimized for Real Work.
The 114SD NG is designed and built for optimized uptime and productivity, even in the most rugged conditions.
Powered by the spark-ignited, dedicated natural gas Cummins Westport ISL G 8.9 liter engine, the 114SD NG is designed for efficiency.
Providing Optimum Power
The heavy-duty 114SD also features an Allison 3000 RDS automatic transmission, ideal for alternative fuel vehicles. This transmission features patented torque-converter technology that results in improved starting power at the launch of the truck and full-power shifts.
Spec'd for Your Application
The 114SD NG features Freightliner's proprietary SmartPlex Electrical System, for unmatched flexibility when configuring your truck.
Trucks Designed for You
Spec'ing your truck for your specific applications has never been easier. With our clear back-of-cab platforms, upfitting is simple.
Freightliner uses advanced manufacturing technology, like robotics and automated systems, to build precise, durable and reliable trucks.
Tough on the Outside, Comfortable on the Inside.
From the durable cab to the automotive-style dash, the 144SD NG is safe and comfortable, even in the most demanding situations.
Maximized Longevity, Maximized Profitability.
Thorough inspections and process audits ensure that Freightliner vehicles are ready for the toughest jobs and hold their value for years to come.
Freightliner 114SD PLUS: Specifications
The Freightliner Trucks 114SD Plus is built for severe duty: packed with power and ready for work.
- 260-400 HP
- Up to 1450 lb-ft
- 62,000 lbs.
- 114" BBC
- 140" BBC
- 162" BBC
- (set-back axle only)
Flat Leaf Spring
- Eaton Fuller® 8ALL
- Eaton Fuller® 9ALL
- Eaton Fuller® 10 speed
- Eaton Fuller® 13 speed
- Eaton Fuller® 15 speed
- Eaton Fuller® 18 speed
- Eaton AutoShift® 10 speed
- Eaton AutoShift® 18 speed
- Eaton UltraShift® 10 speed
- Allison® 3000 series
- Allison® 4000 series
- 114" BBC steel-reinforced aluminum day cab
- Cummins ISL-G engine with 320 HP, 1000 lb-ft torque
- Allison 3000 Series transmission
- Front axle rated at 12,000 lbs
- Up to 50-degree wheel cut depending on wheel equipment
- Rear axle rated at 40,000 lbs
- Set-forward front axle position at 31"
- 60-gallon cylindrical fuel tank
- Strong, durable cab and hood
- Radiator mounted molded-in color front grille with signature styling
- Front grille, headlight bezels, engine air intake grille, bumper and primary mirrors trimmed in black
- Halogen composite headlights
- Air rear cab mounts
- Ergonomic wing dash
- 63" x 14" rear window
- Bridge formula bumpers for 29.5" front axle position
- 48" set-back axle position
- Bright accented front grille with chromed grille surround, headlight bezels and engine air intake grille
- Engine air intake pre-cleaner
- Integral front frame extensions in 12" and 24" lengths
- Large selection of wheelbases with frames and frame reinforcements to meet severe duty needs
- Front engine, rear engine and transmission power take-offs
- Three batteries mounted under cab with clear back-of-cab packaging
- Range of cylindrical and rectangular aluminum fuel tanks
- Steer axles from 12,000 to 22,000 lbs
- Single drive axles from 21,000 to 38,000 lbs rating
- Tandem drive axles from 40,000 to 58,000 lbs rating
- Tridem drive axle set rated at 69,000 lbs
- Pusher and tag axles rated from 8,000 to 22,000 lbs available in single or dual configurations
- A wide range of Eaton® and Allison® transmissions
- Freightliner AirLiner® and TufTrac® rear suspensions
- Hendrickson and Chalmers rear suspensions
- Expanded dash instrumentations, switches and controls to meet almost any vocational application
EXPLORE MORE TRUCK MODELS
Take your time and explore each model offered by Western Star and Freightliner Trucks.