Freightliner M2 112 Natural Gas Truck
The Freightliner® M2 112 is ideal for regional and in-town routes. It handles tight turns and loading docks with ease. The M2 112 also offers excellent visibility, which makes driving safer, especially in local traffic. This versatile vehicle is lighter than other trucks, yet still delivers up to 470 horsepower. So you get the power and fuel efficiency to run a profitable business. It comes equipped with the Detroit ™ DD13® or a Cummins® L9 engine, or you can spec it for Natural Gas with a Cummins Westport ISL G. If you’re looking for the easiest way to maximize productivity, the M2 112 is the truck for you. That’s what we call running smart.
Ready for the Real World
With a broad range of available powertrains, Freightliner vocational trucks are designed to take on your most demanding jobs.
Keep Your Payload Moving
When your reputation is on the line, the M2 112 NG delivers the dependability and efficiency needed to finish the job.
Keeping Drivers Safe
Freightliner's vocational trucks are equipped with ergonomic, noise-limiting cabs, reducing distractions and helping drivers stay focused on the road.
Safe and Comfortable
As an industry-leader in safety, Freightliner has designed the M2 112 NG to keep operators safe and comfortable throughout the workday.
Trucks that Build Bottom Lines
At Freightliner Trucks, we use the latest manufacturing technology, including advanced robotics and automated systems, to build trucks that work as hard as you do.
Continuous Testing and Auditing
Throughout the manufacturing process, Freightliner trucks are subjected to an array of virtual and physical tests, ensuring that our trucks deliver the performance and reliability our customers expect.
Investing in Freightliner
If you decide to sell your Freightliner, the high-quality construction and durable materials used to build it ensure that your truck will hold its value.
Keeping You on the Road
With our 24/7, toll-free hotline and more than 400 parts and service locations across North America, you’re never far from the help you need.
Up for Any Job
With optional, advanced-telematics solutions, you can capture, transmit and analyze data directly from your truck.
Freightliner M2 112 Natural Gas: Specifications
The Freightliner M2 112 Natural Gas is designed to get any job done.
- 250-320 HP
- 660 to 1000 lb-ft
- Up to 66,000 lbs.
- 112" BBC
- 138" BBC
- 160" BBC
Flat Leaf Spring
- Allison 3000 series
- Allison 4000 series
- Available with up to 16k lbs. front and 46k lbs. rear axles
- Available in a truck, tractor or truck with end-of-frame trailer connectors configuration
- Easy-to-specify clear back-of-cab frame
- Clear frame rails back-of-cab and optional full inner-frame reinforcement
- SmartPlex® Electrical System features Smart Switches that do not require reprogramming after installation, eliminating the need to remove the dashboard to install
- SmartPlex adds expansion capabilities and allows custom programming for each customer's unique requirements with no software to buy or additional tools required. Moreover, our ServiceLink™ diagnostic tools make maintenance and repairs quick and easy
- The SmartPlex Electrical System also allows standard interfaces for engine, transmission, chassis lighting and trailer towing
- Comfortable, well-appointed aluminum cab with an efficient dash and easy-to-reach automotive style gauges and switches
- A large cab with plenty of head and elbow room, lower cab height with wider and taller doors, and non-slip steps for easy entry/exit
- Standard tinted windshield glass helps prevent glare for a better view of the road
- Multiple interior/exterior grab handles for easy entry/exit
- Low step-in height for easy entry/exit
- Up to a 55-degree wheel cut, a set-back front axle and a swept-back front fender and bumper provide one of the industry’s tightest turning radius, improving wall-to-wall and curb-to-curb maneuverability, especially within neighborhoods
- A large, 2,500 square-inch tinted windshield and downward sloping aerodynamic hood provide a clear, wide-open view of the road and the work at hand, making it easier for the non-professional driver to see and drive
Freightliner M2 112: Media Content
Looking for more information? Check out videos and images of the Freightliner M2 112.
EXPLORE MORE TRUCK MODELS
Take your time and explore each model offered by Western Star and Freightliner Trucks.