Freightliner 114SD Plus
It's the same reliable workhorse you know from Freightliner - only better. The 114SD Plus brings more of everything to the job site: the industry's most advanced powertrain and active safety technologies, comfort features that keep operators working hard and the QuickFit™ Electrical System that makes upfit simpler and more efficient.
When you add it all together, you get a work truck that's greater than the sum of its parts: the powerful, work-ready 114SD Plus.
Smarter Work. Stronger Bottom Line.
A range of operator comfort features and plenty of powertrain options make the 114SD Plus a versatile choice for any hardworking fleet.
More Operator Comfort Features
The 114SD Plus interior offers a range of features that help keep drivers and operators comfortable and working hard:
- Three all-new trim levels that provide optimal driver comfort and the best fit for the job.
- Newly-designed ergonomic seats featuring precision adjustability and exceptional comfort.
- Increased storage to keep drivers organized and focused.
- New standard cab insulation for a quieter work environment.
- A redesigned, modern dash with an easy-to-read driver command center.
- A standard tilt and telescoping steering wheel with multi-function controls for easier operation.
- A fully customizable, LED-backlit switch layout to ease truck operation and help keep operators focused.
- Easy-to-reach, electric window and door locks.
Designed To Get The Job done
New powertrain options provide horsepower and torque ratings that make the 114SD Plus a force of job site productivity like never before. It features:
- A GVWR of up to 92,000 pounds.
- A standard Detroit® DD13® Gen 5 engine that's brand new to the 114SD Plus, offering vocational power ratings up to 525 HP, rapid torque and ThermoCoasting for reduced parked regens.
- An available Detroit® DT12-V® transmission that provides easy control as well as smooth pneumatic shifting and clutch engagement using a column-mounted shifter.
- A range of DT12-V features, including Power Launch, Hill Start Aid, Off-Road Mode, Rock-Free Mode, Creep Mode and Paver Mode.
- Additional engine options include the the Detroit® DD8™, Cummins X12 with up to 500 HP and 1700 LB-FT of torque, Cummins L9 as well as the Cummins L9N and Cummins ISX12N natural gas engines.
- Day cab, extended cab and crew cab configurations to fit your application's unique requirements.
Safety That Drives Productivity
With a 2,500-square-inch windshield for superior visibility, extra-wide door openings that make entry and exit easy, and the optional Bendix Intellipark Electronic Parking Brake System that helps prevent rollaways, the 114SD Plus is purpose-built for safety. Plus, the Detroit Assurance® with ABA 5 Suite of Safety Systems is available with both Detroit and Cummins engines, making one of the most powerful trucks on the job site even safer.
Detroit Assurance Active Brake Assist helps mitigate potential collisions with moving and stationary vehicles and moving pedestrians by automatically engaging warnings, and partial or full braking.
Between job sites, Detroit Assurance Adaptive Cruise Control is designed to adjust cruising speed down to 10 MPH (0 MPH with a Detroit engine and the DT12® transmission) to maintain a safe following distance from other vehicles.
Stay focused on the way to the job site. Detroit Assurance Lane Departure Warning keeps an eye on the road and alerts the operator if their truck veers into another lane without signaling.
Detroit Assurance Side Guard Assist alerts the driver about objects and pedestrians in the truck's passenger-side blind spot.
Tools That Power Productivity.
With easier serviceability, made possible by see-through fluid reservoirs and a hood that tilts nearly 90 degrees, the 114SD Plus is designed to keep maintenance simple. And when you add smarter connectivity, powered by the Detroit Connect, it adds up to more time on the job.
Detroit Connect Virtual Technician® remote diagnostics service takes the guesswork out of diagnostics and helps fleet managers address critical fault events quickly.
The Detroit Connect Portal provides a clear view of fault trends across your fleet, so you can identify maintenance issues before they become critical.
The Detroit Connect Portal also gives fleet managers peace of mind by enabling them to view critical safety events in their trucks that have Detroit Assurance® and take action to increase the safety of trucks on the road.
With nearly 500 dealers across North America and a dedicated customer assistance hotline, Freightliner is always there to keep your fleet running smoothly.
Built To Simplify Upfit.
The 114SD Plus is purpose-built for easier upfit. With optimized mid-chassis packaging, a strategically mounted aftertreatment system and a configurable dash panel featuring more than twice the space for switches than previous models, it’s a versatile platform for customization. And with a range of powerful configuration tools, like the QuickFit® Electrical System and Daimler CHEC Tool™, the 114SD Plus makes upfit faster and more efficient than ever. All Plus series technical details can be found in the Technical Resource Guide (TRG). For access to the TRG, log on to DTNAConnect.com.
QuickFit features a new multiplexed architecture that makes it easier to integrate your trucks with the equipment you need to get the job done.
QuickFit offers easy access to connection points, more power sources and plenty of customizable parameters to make upfits flexible and reliable.
The Daimler CHEC Tool provides an easy-to-use interface to view and modify electrical configurations as well as change parameters in minutes.
Relocated electrical components provide even better isolation from harsh conditions and road debris that can cause downtime.
Designed For Demanding Jobs
The 114SD Plus is engineered for a wide range of demanding applications. Its steel-reinforced, lightweight aluminum cab is precision welded and Henrob rivetted for maximum durability and is e-coated for excellent corrosion resistance. Standard TufWrap™ chassis wiring harnesses add protection for increased durability.
DTNA Parts™ are essential for optimal performance in your 114SD Plus. With Excelerator, ordering the ones you need is easier than ever.
With close to 300 Elite Support Dealerships and nearly 500 dealer service locations across North America, it's easy to keep your 114SD Plus running strong.
Get on-demand support for your 114SD Plus. Connect with real people at (1-800-FTL-HELP) for technical support, roadside assistance, dealer referral and more.
Freightliner offers North America's most extensive dealership network, with nearly 500 locations and highly trained experts who know your 114SD Plus.
The 114SD Plus provides plenty of options for use in a wide range of applications. Available in truck and tractor configurations, the 114SD Plus offers your choice of a day cab, extended cab or crew cab.
Freightliner 114SD PLUS: Specifications
The Freightliner Trucks 114SD Plus is built for severe duty: packed with power and ready for work.
- 260-525 HP
- 720 to 1850 lb-ft
- 92,000 lbs. (independent of lift axles)
- 114" BBC
- 140" BBC
- 162" BBC
- (set-back axle only)
Detroit® DD13® Gen 5
Flat Leaf Spring
- Eaton Fuller® 8ALL
- Eaton Fuller® 9ALL
- Eaton Fuller® 10 speed
- Eaton Fuller® 13 speed
- Eaton Fuller® 15 speed
- Eaton Fuller® 18 speed
- Eaton AutoShift® 10 speed
- Eaton AutoShift® 18 speed
- Eaton UltraShift® 10 speed
- Allison® 3000 series
- Allison® 4000 series
- 114" BBC steel-reinforced aluminum day cab
- DD13 Gen 5 engine with 525 HP, 1850 lb-ft torque
- Allison 3000 Series transmission
- Front axle rated at 12,000 lbs
- Rear tandem axle rated at 40,000 lbs
- Up to 50-degree wheel cut depending on wheel equipment
- Set-forward front axle position at 31"
- 60-gallon cylindrical fuel tank
- Strong, durable cab and hood
- Radiator mounted molded-in color front grille with signature styling
- Front grille, headlight bezels, engine air intake grille, bumper and primary mirrors trimmed in black
- Halogen composite headlights
- Air rear cab mounts
- Updated dash with new Multi-Function Steering Wheel, Instrument Cluster with Driver Command Center, and customizable storage, switches and third party device mounting.
- 63" x 14" rear tinted window
- 2,500 square inch windshield
- Bridge formula bumpers for 29.5" front axle position
- 48" set-back axle position
- Bright accented front grille with chromed grille surround, headlight bezels and engine air intake grille
- Engine air intake pre-cleaner
- Integral front frame extensions in 12" and 24" lengths
- Large selection of wheelbases with frames and frame reinforcements to meet severe duty needs
- Front engine, rear engine and transmission power take-offs
- Three batteries mounted under cab with clear back-of-cab packaging
- Range of cylindrical and rectangular aluminum fuel tanks
- Multiple options and locations for RAM mounts and prewire power, ground, and RP1226 connectors for seamless integration of cameras, telematics, and other electronics
- Steer axles from 12,000 to 22,000 lbs
- Single drive axles from 21,000 to 38,000 lbs rating
- Tandem drive axles from 40,000 to 58,000 lbs rating
- Tridem drive axle set rated at 69,000 lbs
- Pusher and tag axles rated from 8,000 to 22,000 lbs available in single or dual configurations
- QuickFit, an advanced multiplexed electrical system for simpler TEM interface, programming and access to power.
- QuickFit offers electronic control units to be stored in cab or under hood on the fire wall ease of access and protected from the elements.
- QuickFit connectors are IP67 rated or higher.
- Detroit Assurance the most advance safety system on the market.
- Bendix IntelliPark
- Bendix Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- New Multi-Function Steering Wheel with controls for cruise, stereo, phone, etc.
- New Instrument Cluster w/ Driver Command Center displays operating information, important vehicle functions, alerts, settings, and more
- New and improved cab insulation provides improved noise reduction for a quieter and more comfortable cab
- New ergonomic seats designed for optimal driver comfort with more adjustability and reclineability
- Three new trim levels: Professional (standard), Elite, and Rugged
- All new interiors, Dash, Doors, Overhead Console, Headliner and Backwall
- New and more durable Thermoplastic Plyolefins TPO materials for improved fit & finish, driver comfort and quieter cab
- LED cab lighting for increased visibility and longevity
- New rotary headlight switch with available auto headlights and auto high beam function
- Standard electric windows, door locks located on the door.
- New HVAC vents provides improve airflow and driver comfort
- New Standard LED step light on all doors to improve safety of ingress/egress
Freightliner 114SD: Media Content
Looking for more information? Check out videos and images of the Freightliner 114SD.