Freightliner M2 112 Plus
The M2 112 Plus makes a trusted, dependable work truck even better. With an all-new interior that provides more driver comfort, a powertrain that delivers more performance and one of the most advanced active safety technologies that enable more uptime, the M2 112 Plus offers a greater productivity advantage than ever before.
The M2 112 Plus is easy to customize for a range of applications, thanks to the QuickFit™ Electrical System that enables simplified upfit and programming. With the M2 112 Plus, greater efficiency and a better bottom line are within reach.
A Truck That Delivers Results
The M2 112 Plus features an all-new interior for more comfort, plus Detroit Powertrain options that deliver maximum productivity and efficiency. You can spec your M2 112 Plus as a straight truck or tractor with a day cab, extended cab or crew cab. An all-wheel-drive option is also available to fit the needs of your unique application.
The M2 112 Plus interior makes hard workdays easier. It offers a range of new features that help keep drivers focused on getting the job done, including:
- Three all-new trim levels that provide optimal driver comfort and the best fit for the job.
- Newly-designed ergonomic seats featuring precision adjustability and exceptional comfort.
- A new standard cab insulation package for a quieter work environment.
- Increased storage to keep drivers organized and focused.
- A redesigned, modern dash with an easy-to-read driver command center.
- A standard tilt and telescoping steering wheel with multi-function controls for easier operation.
- Fully customizable, LED-backlit switches that ease truck operation and help the driver in low light situations.
Designed For Power and Efficiency
With new powertrain options that provide a range of horsepower and torque ratings for a GCWR of up to 80,000 pounds, the M2 112 Plus is designed to keep operations going strong, mile after mile. It offers:
- A standard Detroit® DD13® Gen 5 engine to take on any job.
- The Detroit® DT12® transmission, now available for the first time on Freightliner M2 112 trucks, for maximum fuel-efficiency, low-speed maneuverability and performance.
- The Cummins L9 diesel and L9N natural gas engines.
Smart Safety Plus Smart Design
Long days on the job demand the best in safety. That’s why the M2 112 Plus features a sloped hood, low-profile dash, low step-in height and a 2,500-square-inch windshield that deliver optimal safety and visibility with every mile. It’s why the Detroit Assurance® with ABA 5 Suite of Safety Systems is available on the M2 112 Plus with Detroit® and Cummins engines.
Detroit Assurance Active Brake Assist helps mitigate potential collisions with stationary and traveling vehicles as well as moving pedestrians by automatically engaging warnings, and partial or full braking.
Detroit Assurance Adaptive Cruise Control adjusts cruising speed down to 10 MPH to maintain a safe following distance from vehicles in its path. ACC is available on the M2 106 Plus with Detroit and Cummins engines.
Detroit Assurance Lane Departure Warning keeps an eye on the road and alerts the driver if their truck veers into another lane without signaling.
Detroit Assurance Side Guard Assist alerts the driver about objects and pedestrians in the truck’s passenger-side blind spot.
Smart Insights. Maximum Uptime.
Designed with an easily accessible engine and transmission, see-through fluid reservoirs and a hood that tilts nearly 90 degrees, the M2 112 Plus keeps inspections and maintenance simple. Coupled with the power of Detroit Connect®, it’s ready to deliver smarter insights for more uptime and maximum profitability to your fleet.
Detroit Connect Virtual Technician® remote diagnostics service takes the guesswork out of diagnostics and helps fleet managers address critical fault events quickly.
The Detroit Connect Portal provides a clear view of fault trends across your fleet, so you can identify maintenance issues before they become critical.
The Detroit Connect Portal also gives fleet managers peace of mind by enabling them to view critical safety events in their trucks that have Detroit Assurance® and take action to increase the safety of trucks on the road.
With nearly 500 dealers across North America and a dedicated customer assistance hotline, Freightliner is always there to keep your fleet running smoothly.
Designed To Be Customized
The M2 112 Plus is engineered to make upfit easy. With clear frame rails and a configurable dash panel featuring more than twice the space for switches, gauges, or indicator lights than ever before, it’s a versatile platform for customization. And with the powerful and easily configurable QuickFit™ Electrical System and Daimler CHEC Tool™, the M2 112 Plus makes upfit faster and more efficient than ever. All Plus series technical details can be found in the Technical Resource Guide (TRG). For access to the TRG, log on to DTNAConnect.com.
QuickFit features a new multiplexed architecture that makes it easier to integrate your trucks with the equipment you need to get the job done.
QuickFit offers easy access to connection points, more power sources and plenty of customizable parameters to make upfits flexible and reliable.
The Daimler CHEC Tool provides an easy-to-use interface to view and modify electrical configurations as well as change parameters in minutes.
Relocated electrical components provide even better isolation from harsh conditions and road debris that can cause downtime.
Built To Move Your Bottom Line
The M2 112 Plus is a truck that’s ready to work and made to last. Its steel-reinforced, lightweight aluminum cab is precision welded and Henrob rivetted for maximum durability and is e-coated for excellent corrosion resistance. Standard TufWrap™ chassis wiring harnesses add protection for increased durability.
DTNA Parts™ are essential for optimal performance in your M2 112 Plus. With Excelerator, ordering the ones you need is easier than ever.
With close to 300 Elite Support Dealerships and nearly 500 dealer service locations across North America, it's easy to keep your m2 112 Plus running strong.
Get on-demand support for your M2 112 Plus. Connect with real people at (1-800-FTL-HELP) for technical support, roadside assistance, dealer referral and more.
Freightliner offers North America's most extensive dealership network, with nearly 500 locations and highly trained experts who know your M2 112 Plus.
The M2 112 Plus provides plenty of options for use in a wide range of applications. Available in truck and tractor configurations, the M2 112 Plus offers your choice of a day cab, extended cab or crew cab.
Pick-Up and Delivery
Food and Beverage
Truckload / Less Than Truckload (TL/LTL)
Freightliner M2 112 PLUS: Specifications
The Freightliner M2 112 Plus is designed to get any job done.
- 260 - 525 HP
- 730 to 1850 lb-ft
- 112" BBC
- 132" BBC
- 160" BBC
Detroit DD13 Gen 5
Flat Leaf Spring
- Eaton Fuller® 9 speed
- Eaton Fuller® 10 speed
- Eaton Fuller® 11 speed
- Eaton Fuller® 13 speed
- Eaton Fuller® 18 speed
- Eaton UltraShift PLUS
- Allison 3000 series
- Allison 4000 series
- Available as a truck, tractor or truck with end-of-frame trailer connectors configuration
- Easy-to-specify clear back-of-cab frame
- Clear frame rails back-of-cab and optional full inner-frame reinforcement
- QuickFit is an advanced multiplexed electrical system for simpler TEM interface, programming and access to power.
- QuickFit offers electronic control units to be stored in cab or under hood on the fire wall ease of access and protected from the elements.
- ServiceLink™ diagnostic tools make maintenance and repairs quick and easy.
- Chec Tool provides intuitive interface to program switch and body functionality, safety interlocks, and more.
- A comfortable, well-appointed aluminum cab includes an efficient dash and easy-to-reach automotive style gauges and switches.
- A large cab with plenty of head and elbow room, lower cab height with wider and taller doors, and non-slip steps for easy entry/exit
- Standard Solar tinted windshield glass helps prevent glare for a better view of the road
- Multiple interior/exterior grab handles for easy entry/exit
- Low step-in height for easy entry/exit
- Up to a 55-degree wheel cut, a set-back front axle and a swept-back front fender and bumper provide one of the industry’s tightest turning radius
- A large, 2,500 square-inch tinted windshield and downward sloping aerodynamic hood provide a clear, wide-open view of the road and the work at hand, making it easier for the non-professional driver to see and drive
- Available with up to 22k lbs. front and 58k lbs. rear axles
- QuickFit connectors are IP67 rated or higher
- Optional door-mounted down-view mirrors and a passenger door lower window enhance driver vision around truck and surroundings
- Detroit Assurance with ABA 5.0 offers Active Brake Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, Tailgate Warning, Side Guard Assist, Optional Lane Departure Warning, Intelligent High-Beam, Automatic rain/light sensor. (Make this a link to the Detroit website for Detroit Assurance detail)
- Detroit Connect Virtual Technician comes standard on all vehicles equipped with Detroit engines and provides remote diagnostic services.
- Bendix IntelliPark
- Bendix Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- New Multi-Function Steering Wheel w/ controls for cruise, stereo, phone, etc.
- New Instrument Cluster w/ Driver Command Center displays operating information, important vehicle functions, alerts, settings, and more
- New and improved cab insulation provides improved noise reduction for a quieter and more comfortable cab
- New ergonomic seats designed for optimal driver comfort with more adjustability and reclineability
- Three new trim levels: Professional (standard), Elite, and Rugged
- All new interiors, Dash, Doors, Overhead Console, Headliner and Backwall.
- New more durable Thermoplastic Plyolefins TPO materials for improved fit & finish, driver comfort and quieter cab.
- LED cab lighting for increased visibility and longevity
- New rotary headlight switch with available auto headlights and auto high beam function
- Standard electric windows, door locks,
- Updated HVAC with new vents improve airflow and driver comfort
- New Standard LED step light on all doors to improve safety of ingree/egress
- Multiple options and locations for RAM mounts and prewire power, ground, and RP1226 connectors for seamless integration of cameras, telematics, and other electronics
Freightliner M2 112: Media Content
Looking for more information? Check out videos and images of the Freightliner M2 112.